Announcement From Mrs. Mann
Hello Oak Ridge Family!
I already miss your kiddo's sweet smiles and daily greetings.
I wanted to provide students and parents with a few tips for the upcoming weeks! These are difficult times, but we will all get through it together!
Here are 5 activities to do each day to help with your mental and emotional health.
- Show Kindness- you can show kindness to people in your home by helping or by emailing a kind message to friends or teachers. All the staff emails are available on the Oak Ridge website.
- Reflect- take time for yourself to reflect on life each day. Writing your feelings in a journal or through a drawing can be very calming.
- Spend time outside- go for a walk, ride your bike or throw the ball with your family. Sunshine and fresh air are VERY good for our mental health.
- Practice- in order to keep our brains active and in “school mode” we need to: Read or listen to a book online, work on your math facts, work on building vocabulary or write in your journals.
- Laughter- find JOY and have a GROWTH MINDSET in something every day! It is important in difficult times to find joy in your daily life. Sometimes it is easy to get down on life in hard times, so seek out times of joy and talk to your families about the JOY you find each day. Continue to have a growth mindset.
Email or TEXT me pictures of you and your family doing these activities listed! I would love to continue seeing our students exhibiting kindness, joy and growth mindsets!
I am here to support you and your family in whatever way you may need.
Please email me with any questions or concerns. I will be checking my emails frequently throughout the day and will respond in a timely manner. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Look for the Emotional Learning Activities to do at home in a post on my page. If you want to email or text me a picture of you completing the activities, I would love to see them and share with our Oak Ridge staff!
♥ Mrs. Mann